Networking Software Engineer
Engineering | Berkeley / San Jose / Remote | Full Time
Nefeli Networks is an award-winning early stage startup in Silicon Valley bringing distributed cloud to the market. This is your opportunity to get in early as we begin to ramp revenue and expand our offer. You’ll be working with a talented team of innovative developers, making key new contributions to the cloud and networking fields.
As a Software Engineer at Nefeli, you’ll play a critical role in helping us build and define our product. Your knowledge of design, coding, testing, and network programming will help your team raise their game and satisfy business and functional requirements.
- Design, develop, analyze, and troubleshoot large-scale distributed computer systems
- Take features through the whole product lifecycle from inception, to design, deployment, operation, and refinement
- Knowledgeable in Go and Python development on Unix/Linux operating systems. C / C++ knowledge is a plus
- Experience with networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies & hardware, SDN, NFV, VxLAN, BGP, IPsec/VPN, OVS, DPDK, cloud networking)
- Familiar with cloud resource orchestration (AWS, Azure, GCP), terraform and other hashicorp products, grafana labs products, Docker / kubernetes, HA is a plus
- Familiar with agile scrum methodologies
- Strong initiative and passionate about learning new technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly
- Strong systematic problem solving skills and able to work in ambiguity
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience. An advanced degree a plus.