Engineering | Berkeley, San Jose | Full Time
Nefeli Networks is an award-winning early stage startup in Silicon Valley working on bringing distributed cloud and Lean NFV to the market. This is the opportunity to get in early as we begin to ramp revenue and expand our offer. You’ll be working with a talented team of innovative developers, making key new contributions to the cloud and networking fields.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer to join our exceptional team. The candidate we are looking for is ready to work with customers in defining solutions and adopting Nefeli technology. The ideal candidate would have some experience with automation tools and processes, and familiarity with operating and supporting networking solutions.
- Represent Nefeli to our customers – Work directly with our Customers’ architectural and engineering teams to put together optimal solutions that meet their needs. This can include product overview presentations, live demos, and solution design sessions to determine how Nefeli could fit in a customer’s environment.
- Be the voice of the customer – Work directly with Nefeli’s development team to integrate customer feedback into the product development process.
- Lead customer success – Work directly with the customer deployment teams to assure a smooth and exceptional onboarding experience.
- Represent Nefeli at events – Take a lead role in preparing for Nefeli’s participation in proof-of-concepts, conferences and trade shows. These can include speaking engagements when appropriate.
- Represent Nefeli to partners – Work with Nefeli value chain partners to support integration into our platform.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with external customers
- Experience with networking technology such as switching, routing, SDN, and NFV
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with LAN, WAN & Data Center architectures
- Experience deploying services on cloud native infrastructure, such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Experience with Linux and expertise in scripting languages like Python and Bash
- Experience with container-based solutions such as Docker
- Experience working with third-party REST APIs
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Anthos
- Familiarity with automation frameworks
- Familiarity with application/microservices security
- Experience working directly with external customers and managing customer relationships
- Experience putting together customer training sessions and materials
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stacks quickly and independently
- Datastores such as etcd and MongoDB
- Full-stack networking knowledge (TCP/IP, VLAN/QinQ, VXLAN, SDN, BGP)
- Various programming languages (Java, C++, Go, Python)
- DPDK, OVS, and/or VPP.
- Configuration management frameworks such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Terraform
- Deployment of monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, collectd, and Zabbix
- Deployment and support of QA platforms
- Familiarity with message Queues such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Second human language beyond English