Automation QA Engineer
Engineering | Berkeley / San Jose / Remote | Full Time
Nefeli Networks is an award-winning early stage startup in Silicon Valley working on bringing distributed cloud to the market. This is the opportunity to get in early as we begin to ramp revenue and expand our offer. You’ll be working with a talented team of innovative developers, making key new contributions to the cloud and networking fields.
We are looking for a motivated and talented individual that can help us grow our product and expand our automation capabilities.
- Contribute to the entire product lifecycle through inception, design, deployment, operation, and refinement
- Design and develop the testing frameworks and libraries needed to ensure proper coverage
- Analyze and troubleshoot large-scale distributed computer systems
- Collaborate with developers to design and build a reliable, testable, and secure product
- Experience in testing containerized services and RESTful APIs including scale and performance testing
- Experience in Python and the Pytest automation framework
- Experience with documenting and automating tests for both backend systems and front-end browser apps using tools such as Selenium
- Familiar with working with and developing in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Able to do basic network troubleshooting by using ping, traceroute, examining routing tables, etc.
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure and deployments such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Strong initiative and passionate about automation and learning new technologies
- Strong systematic problem solving skills and ability to work within ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field
- Familiarity with virtualization or container technology such as KVM/docker/kubernetes
- Experience with networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, L2 to L3 technologies, SDN, NFV, VxLAN, BGP)
- Ability to troubleshoot the various network layers from L2 to L7. Familiar with wireshark, tcpdump, network analysis and setup
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience. An advanced degree a plus