Networking Software Engineer
Engineering | Berkeley, San Jose | Full Time
Nefeli Networks is an exciting early stage startup in the Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) space. This is the opportunity to get in on the ground floor at a well-funded company. You’ll be working with new technology and a great team of developers. We have several offices in the SF Bay Area (Sunnyvale).
As a Software Engineer at Nefeli, you’ll play a critical role in helping us build and define our product. Your knowledge of design, development, coding, testing and network programming will help your team raise their game as well as help satisfy business and functional requirements.
Design, develop, analyze, and troubleshoot large-scale distributed computer systems
Improve the whole product lifecycle through inception, design, deployment, operation, and refinement
Knowledgeable in C, C++, Go & Python & developing on Unix/Linux operating systems
Experience with networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies & hardware, SDN, NFV, VxLAN, BGP)
- Familiar with DPDK, OVS, Docker, network orchestration, NETCONF/YANG, HA, and kubernetes is a plus
- Familiar with agile scrum methodologies
- Strong initiative and passionate about learning new technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly
- Strong systematic problem solving skills and able to work in ambiguity
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field is required. An advanced degree a plus